Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Hello, world!

"Well, bout time for me to be hittin' the ol' dusty trail ..."

Hello, hello. Welcome to my first attempt at blogging since I kept up a LiveJournal back in those angsty high school years.* Since graduating college and hiking most of the Appalachian Trail in 2011, I have developed a deep obsession, not with Furries as is commonly rumored, but with long-distance hiking. This site aims to be the outlet for the strange body of knowledge and philosophy that I have lately been acquiring.

In May, I will start my attempt to thru-hike the Pacific Crest Trail, and this will be the home for all my journaling and pictures. Before that, I plan to post random and possibly quite dull ruminations on the preparation process. And in the meantime, there is the FAQ, my 95%-complete gear list on GearGrams.com, and the video page to check out. My girlfriend, Kristin, has a nascent food blog (read: there are no posts up yet) on her tangles with our new food dehydrator. It's all linked to at the top of the page. 

Have a look around, and subscribe so that when the good stuff comes along, you'll be reminded that this blog exists and hopefully be able to read along with interest. Pip pip.


*Which did not under any circumstances also include my college years ............. Shut up, okay?

1 comment:

  1. Scrub, I am so excited for you to start your hike so I can read about it and revisit the good ole' PCT! -Spins

    ReplyDelete

Put in a comment. If it's a question about hiking and/or bodily functions, the answer will probably include more detail than you ever cared for.